Friday, April 9, 2010

I need

The bricks under my feet with each step
The beats pounding in my ears
The winding blowing the wispy strands of my hair
The feeling of my organs forced back
The sun beating down on my face
The people glancing at me as I speed by
The smile slapped across my face
The happiness that spreads in a heat down my arms and legs
The sweat under my arms
The sweat between my boobs
The pants stretching as my legs bend and straighten
The shirt shifting left then right with my arms
The shape of my hands holding the air
The thoughts in my head floating away
The anger leaving my body
The annoyances left behind
The sad feelings of the past left behind
All I really need is to run.

2 comments:

Jacinda said...

I really like your poem. I used to run. Now I'm lucky to do a quick walk. LOL.

Anonymous said...

Awesome poem! Lots of profound thoughts in it.