I love to photo edit. I wanted to help out some of those that don't do this often and wonder what is done to the picture to make it look like that. I'm using Adobe Photoshop CS3 if ya want to follow along.
Orginal picture-
my first step is always adjusting my levels-

From there I have selected the couch as it's my biggest distraction point, using quick selection tool. After its completely selected, I click select at the top, scroll down to inverse.
I click on Image at the top and scroll to adjust. Moving my curse over I chose Black & White and say okay to the default settings.

Although that makes it a little less distracting, its not enough for me. So with it still selected I chose Filters at the top and scroll down to Blur. Sliding my cursor over to surface blur. I chose to keep my blur fairly light as I'm not trying to cover the couch, just make it less distracting.

And last but not least I click on Image one last time and scroll to adjust-Hue/Saturation. I pull my saturation some to really give it the full color I'm looking for.
With out further ado-


Credits: Antique Film Frames by Julie Mead
Painted Wings by Julie Mead
Little Pretties Kit Designs by Laura Burger & Simply Scrap Designs
Painted Wings by Julie Mead
Little Pretties Kit Designs by Laura Burger & Simply Scrap Designs
No comments:
Post a Comment